What Actions can Parents take?
- Parents should monitor the internet use of their children (their privacy may be important to them, but their safety is even more important)
- Talk to children about these issues and keep everything out in the open
- Monitor children’s use of cell phones and portable computer devices
- Make sure that children are not sharing personal information via the web
- Parents should become informed about social web sites such as Orkut, Myspace and Facebook
- Seek information and help about cyber safety, here are some helpful websites: